I saw Wicked tonight in Seattle. What a fabulous show! the two leads were unforgettable. I had a great time and was feeling very light on my feet back to the parking garage, until I saw the broken glass sprayed everywhere from my front passenger side window.
bummer.
I gotta admit I was only a little upset. It looked like the would be thief had hastily smashed the window and only took time to investigate the glove compartment. I'd left everything valuable in the trunk. I felt good about at least taking that precaution. Nothing had been taken. And I did have my camera and all my CD's in there. I made phone calls to the police and my insurance company. I expect I'll get everything taken care of by Monday. I even found a fiver in the parking lot next to my spot. God just letting me know he's still watching out for me, even though He sees fit to test my faith in Him every once in a while.
I'm just about a month away from starting terminal leave. I'm on track to leave for Japan shortly after. I'll be there until mid-November and then in Korea until mid-December. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a while. I need to be alone. Seeing my friends will be great but I'm really looking forward to getting some perspective on my life and letting go of my military existence. It's been a wonderfully full experience these past 4 years. Now it's time to use what I've learned on something I'm passionate about. Actually, a few things I'm passionate about.
I'm ready to speak out and take a stand. It's time to put away fear and rest in the peace that's available to me for the taking from the God that is more than enough. It's time to be a leader and to give myself the credit I deserve.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment