Thursday, October 29, 2009

Japan (almost)

well, not quite.

I'm sitting in the airport in Korea waiting for my transfer flight to Japan...in 6 hours. Oh well.
I'm always thankful for polite seat mates on flights. The kind of person you sit next to can make all the difference in the world in whether or not you'll have a pleasant flight. I've been pretty lucky so far. I think Asian cultures tend to be more polite anyway.

I've been getting small revelations at random intervals ever since I left Washington. I've never taken an international flight by myself before. I really do need to get some good sleep if I'm going to enjoy myself fully out here.

I've recently been reading a Christian book titled "reclaiming biblical Manhood and biblical Womanhood". I realize I have a lot of bad foundations laid for how I see and interact with women. I'm making it a point to study this book while I'm gone. It's been insightful so far. One term used is "sexual personhood". It's the idea that the deepest identity for each of us includes our male and female selves and that it shouldn't be separated from our definitions of personhood. Our gender is central to who we are.

My biggest challenge will be eliminating sexual impurity from my life and replacing it with proper views of women in general.

time for a nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment